Friday, September 10, 2021

Noted


> Mitzi's husband Harry was late coming home again.
>
> Fed up, she wrote him a note saying, "I've had it! I've left you. Don't bother coming after me."
>
> Mitzi placed the note on his dresser, then hid under the bed to see his reaction.
>
> Some time later, Harry came home. She heard him rummage the fridge, walk up the stairs and enter
> their bedroom.
>
> She watched him go over to the dresser and pick up the note.
>
> After a few minutes, he wrote something on the back of her note. Then he called someone on his cell.
>
> "She finally did it. She left me… 'Bout time, right? Darling, from now it's you and me. Put on
> that slinky dress and meet me at the Waldorf. It's gonna be a night to remember, and breakfast in
> bed! …I love you too. Can't wait."
>
> Harry grabbed his keys and trotted down the stairs. Mitzi heard his car drive off as she emerged
> from beneath the bed, furious and sobbing.
>
> Wiping her tears, she grabbed the note to see what he wrote.
>
> "I saw your feet. We're out of ice cream. Back in ten minutes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Choice

-- Sent from my Linux system.